Ketoconazole is a synthetic Imidazole Dioxolane derivative that has strong antifungal properties against Dermatophytes and yeasts. This shampoo is not absorbed by skin, therefore it cannot be detected in plasma after using.
- Tinea Versicolor Treatment
Treatment and prevention of itching and flaking of the scalp in seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff
In case of sensitivity to ketoconazole, other imidazole or excipients such as sulfites
Use in Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Ketoconazole passes through the placenta, but no detailed studies have been conducted in humans during pregnancy. Therefore, its consumption during pregnancy is measured by the doctor according to its benefits and harms. There are no studies on its secretion in breast milk and the occurrence of complications in infants.
See a doctor, if there is no improvement after the treatment period.
Consult your doctor before taking this medicine in the following cases:
- In case of previous allergy to this medicine or other cases such as allergy to protective substances, colors and food.
- In case of consuming any other type of medicine.
- In case of pregnancy or breastfeeding
Dosages and Administration
First, moist the hair completely. After that, put a sufficient amount of shampoo on the head until it foams and let it remain on the head for 3 to 5 minutes, then rinse and dry the hair.
Repeat this process twice a week for 2 to 4 weeks. For prevention, it should be used once a week for 2 weeks.
- This drug is not edible. For external use only.
- Protect eyes and mucous membrane from contact with shampoo. In case of accidental contact, immediately wash eyes with sufficient amount of water.
- In case of allergy, stop using the shampoo.
In parallel with the anticipated therapeutic effects, drugs may also cause some unwanted side effects.Although all these complications may not be seen in a person.
Consult your doctor if any of the following side effects occur: itching and skin irritation.
If Ketoconazole shampoo is accidentally eaten, there is a possibility of nausea and vomiting. At this time, general measures are taken and in case of poisoning, a doctor should be consulted.
- Keep away from source of light and at a temperature below 30°C and protect from freezing.
- Keep out of reach of the children.